background

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Anything for Candy!

Our beautiful little girl has always had a love of food, and she definitely inherited her mother's sweet tooth. At 13 months we finally were able to get Morgan mobile for the first time independently on a skateboard by tempting her with graham crackers. At 16 months we convinced her to roll down a ramp on her own by tempting her with candy. Candy continues to be the one sure thing that will get her trying to move. Well, as many of you know Morgan has been working extremely hard her whole life with learning to lift her head and do any kind of tummy time. Lately she is not only tolerating tummy time, but showing interest in trying to army crawl. With help from David and I she has been learning how to shift her weight from shoulder to shoulder and move her arms forward. On Sunday evening we decided to see if with her one fail proof motivator, candy, we could get her to finally do it on her own. Here is the video of Morgan attempting to army crawl:



Since Morgan did so great on Sunday I tried it again this evening. Again she did amazing and pulled herself forward a few times to reach some candy. After seeing her do this again tonight I got to thinking, she is so close to walking on her own in her walker, she just needs a little motivation... so I put her in her walker and offered her some more candy (let's hope this child sleeps tonight). Well, candy definitely helped because boy was she motivated. Below is the video of Morgan walking for her treat!



1 comment:

  1. Way to go Morgan!! Jenna and I are clapping for her right now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...