background

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

An Early Birthday Wish!

For months now I have been bugging our therapist about this bike for Morgan. It is a really neat adaptive tryke that has hand and foot pedals. Morgan does not have the strength to push with her legs, but can do it with her hands. By having both though her legs can still get some good passive range of motion work while riding. Anyway, I have bugged her therapist about it every few months and each time we have tried Morgan on the bike she has been too small. That is until this month. On Monday, March 1st, she FIT!!! She rode the bike ALL by herself!!! And I didn't have to bug her therapist about it!

When we pulled in to the parking lot to PT that Monday Morgan said "Mommy, ride bicycle!" I told her, "You will have to ask Kristen." So what does she do, the second Kristen comes into the waiting room to get Morgan she says "Ride bicycle!" Kristen agreed that that was a great idea, but told Morgan she would have to work first. So after spending some time playing and walking it was time to try out the bike. Like I said before this time Morgan fit!!! She was so excited. Once she was in the hallway she started shouting "Mommy, ride bicycle, self." She was so PROUD to be riding it all by herself.

I was so happy to see the look on Morgan's face and the fact that she fit. I have been wanting to get this tryke for her for a long time so she can do what she loves (riding bikes) independently. I started talking with Kristen about getting her measured and what we needed to do to buy the bike. Kristen asked me if we would be interested in getting on a wish list for the bike. Immediately I was intrigued; let's just say the price of this bike is disgustingly expensive.

Basically Kristen told me that we could have Morgan put on a wish list for the bike through a company called Ambucs; the makers of the bike. They would put her profile online and then friends and family could make tax deductible donations towards the purchase of the bike. So, we are asking that in lieu of other birthday presents you consider making a donation towards this tryke for Morgan.

Morgan is now finally on the wishlist. Her profile is not up on the website yet but if you click on the "View the current Amtryke wishlist (by date)" link she is on page 9, fifth from the bottom. If you are interested in making a donation towards the purchase of her bike please follow the link below. You will then click on the RED "Donate Now" button. This will take you to another page where you can decide how much you would like to donate. Any amount you can donate will help and is very much appreciated. Once you put in the amount it takes you to a new page where it asks you to fill out information; please be sure to include Morgan's name and Vail, AZ so the donation is directed towards her bike. After completing the donation you will receive an email that gives you a receipt and tax code information so you can deduct your donation. Thank you again for your help. We can't tell you how much we appreciate it!
Love you all, David and Lori
Here is the link to donate:
http://www.ambucs.com/amtryke-wish-list-grant-a-wish/?phpMyAdmin=5ccfcc52777b7aca5bb43e5100c847cd

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I'm sure her wish will come true with so many people that love her!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...