
Charley even attached a license plate so every knows who it belongs to.So school is going fabulous. Morgan is making friends and having a blast. The other day when I went to pick Morgan up I ran into the director, Beth. She told me that one morning when Morgan was in her wheelchair (not sure if it was the big one or Buzz chair) that a little boy came up to her and said, "okay, it's my turn now." So cute. I love that at the age Morgan is at none of the kids look at her as though she is different. They all still treat her like everyone else and they all adore her. In the afternoon class that she goes to on Tuesday and Wednesday there are some older kids there too. In fact, some are bused from kindergarten over there so there are even some five year olds. One little girl came up to me last week and just kept telling me how adorable Morgan is and how much she loves her. It was very sweet. So Morgan has made some good friends; one in particular. She really has taken to a little girl named Sophie. They play together every morning in Ms. Terry's class and then I believe they go to Ms. Amber's class together too. The other day she made one of the paras help her walk all the way down to Ms. Amber's room because she insisted that she and Sophie needed to hold hands while walking down (too cute, but I felt bad for the para. I can only imagine how much her back must of hurt after that). Morgan has asked if Sophie can come over to play. In fact, I think she may have already invited her because the other day after preschool Morgan said to me, "Sophie, come to our house, play." To which I replied, "well maybe. I will have to talk to her mom and invite her over." Morgan's response was, "invited." So, she may have already set up her own play date. In the meantime Morgan's teacher emailed me some photos of the girls playing together and also gave me Sophie's mom's contact information so we can set up a time for the girls to play.
We could not be happier with how things are going right now. Morgan is doing so well with her talking and seems to be becoming a social butterfly. We are thrilled that she is so motivated at school to walk and wants to get going with everyone else. Our next big step is continuing with potty training. (Man, that is hard work!).On a side note, we had Lucas over to play on Friday morning. I am really trying to encourage Morgan just to call him Luke or Lucas as she still calls him "Baby Luke" even though he won't be a baby much longer. He is all over the place and Morgan loves it! She was very encouraged by him and loves that he is reaching an age where he can actually play with her. They had a blast blowing raspberries together during lunch and then playing jump rope (one of Morgan's favorites) and just hanging out.
Here are two short videos from that morning:
Morgan kept saying that Lucas was helping her walk. It was very cute! He loved grabbing on and walking along with his "cousin".


No comments:
Post a Comment