background

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Out it came....

Monday night was a long night with very little sleep for me. I wanted to keep a close eye on Morgan so I had her in bed right beside me. All night long I was on high alert. Anytime Morgan even just moved an inch I was wide awake reaching over trying to keep her hands down and away from her face. She only fully woke once around 3 am, cried for a bit, and then went back to sleep. Around 5:30 I woke David and told him it was his turn to sleep next to her so I could get in the shower and start getting ready for work. David very sleepily climbed in next to her and fell fast asleep. Around 6:40 as I was packing the rest of my things about to leave for the day I heard Morgan begin fussing and a moment later I heard David yelling for me "It's out hon, It's out!" I went running into our bedroom to discover that Morgan had accidentally pulled the tube about halfway out. We didn't know what to do. Should we pull it the rest of the way out (which we knew Morgan wanted) or try to push it back in (which we knew she would HATE). We wanted to be sure they had enough data collected because we did not want to have to do this again. After several tries we finally were able to get a hold of the on call doctor to see what we should do. He said we needed to pull it out. So we did, and then we had to make some quick decisions about our day as it was now 7:15 and I was officially VERY late for work. The plan had been that Morgan would spend the day at Donna and Charley's and miss school, but now that the tube was out we thought, she might as well go to school. So I quickly made a couple of calls to let everyone know the change in plans and then headed out leaving poor David behind with only about 20 minutes to get Morgan dressed, hair done, breakfast fed, and off to school.

On Thursday we received the results of the PH test. We were told that they did in fact get enough data and that everything looked fine. Morgan did not show any signs of reflux. However, around 4:30 I looked at my cell phone (still sitting at work due to conferences) and saw I had a message. It was the nurse calling back. She said that they needed to go over the results again and you could tell from her voice that something was wrong. Of course by this time everyone had gone home for the day so I would have to wait until Friday to find out what was going on.


Friday morning while running around town I received a phone call from the nurse. Apparently the nurse and the doctor both misread the test. Comforting. Anyway, according to what they now were saying Morgan definitely has acid reflux and in her voice it sounded like it was pretty severe. They want to put Morgan back up to her full dose of medicine (reflux medicine twice a day) and then repeat the test in a month. I was so mad to hear that they want to do the test again. I told the nurse we would have to think about it. I really can't imagine having to put Morgan through this again. However, I also don't want to have her going through life not on the right dose of medicine and damaging her esophagus with acid reflux. I just don't know what to do. In the meantime, we have put her back up to the full dose of medicine and we will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...