Morgan loves balloons and was very disappointed after her party when the balloons had began to deflate and I told her it was time to say good bye to them, so David and I made her some paper balloons. He then created the sign and did a great job decorating it. He is such an amazing Dad.Morgan was thrilled to see the decorations when she woke up and immediately began shouting that it was her birthday. I had taken my "birthday day" at work (yes, we are given one day off a year as our "birthday" and if we don't use it we lose it) and David decided that he would drive into work that day so he could take Morgan to school with me. Morgan was so excited to have us both at home to enjoy her birthday breakfast. We made her some pancakes and sang her Happy Birthday!

Again she blew out her candle without any problems. She was so proud of herself and how big she is getting.
After enjoying some breakfast together it was time to head to school. Morgan was so excited that David would be going with us because she wanted to show him the "silly glasses" she had discovered the day before in the dress-up center.

Morgan with her "silly glasses."
While Morgan was at school I rushed to the grocery store and then it was off to Eegee's. Since Morgan is on a gluten free diet now and since things are supposed to be store bought rather than baked at home this was the easiest thing I could come up with. So I rushed into town to buy the Eegee's and then rushed back to be at school by snack time at 10:15. I am glad I went with the Eegee's as it was a huge hit.


Her para, Ms. JoLynn, gave her a present. She is too sweet and spoils Morgan. She got her a new Fancy Nancy sticker book and made her some homemade bows. Morgan LOVED the bows and was so excited to wear them.
After eating with her morning class we headed out to the playground to play. We stayed until the morning class dismissed so we could head down to her afternoon class (she goes all day two days a week) to celebrate with them before heading home.

Morgan of course wanted to stop and do the teeter-totter before making her way down to Ms. Amber's afternoon class.

After all the Eegee's was pretty much gone and everyone had a good sugar high going I was like any other mom, I said good luck to the teachers and took my child home for the rest of the day! It was so nice getting to be a mom and just hang out with my daughter at school on her birthday. I may end up saving my "birthday day" for Morgan's birthday every year!
We spent the afternoon just hanging out. Around 4:30 Donna and Charley came over to enjoy a birthday dinner with the birthday girl. We made one of her favorite dinners, but Morgan could have cared less. The entire dinner she kept asking when it would be time to open presents. We decided that we better do presents before dessert and went ahead and let Morgan open her gifts.

Morgan opening her gift from David and I. She has been so into dress-up and Tangled lately that we bought her the Repunzel dress-up costume. She loved it and wanted to put it on right away.

But first we told her to open her Grandparents gifts as we knew they went along with the dress. Donna and Charley kept with the Tangled theme and got her a new Repunzel doll, a t-shirt, and three new nightgowns (because 1 just is never enough for Grandma :) ).
After playing with her new doll and enjoying time in her new dress we finally convinced her to return to the table for a little banana split (again, being gluten free we opted for ice cream and fruit instead of cake).
After a long birthday our big girl was tuckered out. She fell asleep cuddling her new doll. Too sweet!The next day the birthday fun was not over yet. It was Wednesday and as usual we had TROT. Jess and the other ladies at TROT along with Monty are all so great to Morgan. They took the time yet again to dress Monty up with hot pink bows for Morgan and this time painted him with hot pink paint to wish Morgan a happy birthday. She was "tickled pink" to see him all dolled up again.

On the other side it said Happy birthday and up towards the front it said I love (well, it was a heart) Morgan.
I can hardly believe that another year has flown by and that our little girl is now four. It still seems like just yesterday she was born and we were sitting in the NICU learning how to stretch her and bath her. We are so incredibly blessed to have such an amazing daughter. I know that all parents think their child is just the sweetest thing ever, but Morgan truly is. She doesn't have a hateful bone in her body. She adores life and every one in her life. Despite all she has gone through and continues to go through daily she wakes up every morning with the biggest smile on her face and is so excited about what lies ahead of her each day. As David always tells her "she is our sunshine!"








No comments:
Post a Comment