background

Friday, March 29, 2013

Makenzie is 10 months!

My little girl is not so little anymore. She is growing by leaps and bounds. I am so sad that she isn't really a baby anymore, but turning into a toddler. She is such an amazing little girl and keeps us very entertained.

*We have been so busy lately I never got her 10 month photo taken.

Ten Month Stats: 
*Height: haven't had it checked, but I am guessing about 27 inches
*Weight: Thanks to an urgent care visit on March 19th I know that she is 16 lbs 15 oz
*Teeth: 6, 4 on top and 2 on the bottom
*Diapers: Size 3
*Clothes: 9 and 12 month
*Shoe size: 2

Eating:
Makenzie continues to eat like her mom, which is scary. I don't want her to have my horrible eating habits. She absolutely refuses to try new things and only wants to eat her grains, breads, etc. She still loves her Cheer.ios and puffs. She also now enjoys toast, pancakes, and rice. One of her favorite things in quinoa. Kenzie still enjoys some of her stage 1 and 2 favorites like prunes and sweet potatoes. I am persisting though. I am bound and determined to get this little one to eat healthier than I do.

Sleeping:
Makenzie is still doing great with sleeping at night. She is now going to bed just before 7 (I think with the sun staying up later she wants to too). She usually sleeps until 3 am and then wakes for a feeding. We did have a few rough nights at the end of this month due to some new teeth starting to come in. Kenzie continues with her power naps three times a day unless we are in the car, then she will sleep pretty solid for the length of the trip.

Likes:
*To say "DaDa"! She finally has started turning into a bit of a daddy's girl. She constantly is saying "dada" and loves to play with her daddy when he gets home from work.
*likes to be tossed! That's right, David was persistent and kept tossing her despite her dislike of it and now she is a total fan.
*Loves to join in dance parties with her sister.
*Blowing raspberries.

Dislikes:
*napping
*eating fruits and vegetables

Here are some pictures from this month:
Kenzie loves to torment her sister by getting behind her and pushing.

Kenzie is always right there in the action trying to play along with Morgan.

Sharing a snack together.

We went as a family to the horse races. Morgan of course was a huge fan.

A little sisterly love while watching cartoons.

Kenzie went swimming in the spa for the first time. Don't worry, we didn't put our baby in a hot tub. We keep it at a bath temp of 97 degrees.

Kenzie loves rocks!

She spent an entire visit at TROT picking up tiny pebbles and lining them up on the bench.

The start of her rock collection.

Kenzie trying to swipe a sip of Morgan's drink.
Kenzie getting a drink.



 



Checking out the ball pit at therapy with Morgan.



















 This month Makenzie started standing independently. She also took her first independent steps on February 28th. Below are two videos from that day. Since I am late in posting this I can now say that Kenzie is officially walking. She spent the week we were in PHX visiting family walking further and further each day with the record being 15 steps. Then on Saturday, March 23rd she finally got it down. She was so excited to have returned home to her toys that she just took off walking from one toy to another and then back again. Now she is everywhere!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...