Missing: One Boo Boo Baby doll
Blue eyes
no clothes
filthy dirty
bandaid of Thomas the Train on left ankle
Have you seen this baby?

Last week Morgan and David made a special Daddy-Daughter-Trip to Philadelphia so Morgan could pick up her new set of braces. Overall they had a great trip, but as is the case when David takes Morgan to Philly it was full of adventures and mishaps. The flights all went well and Morgan was the usual fantastic traveler with no complaints. However, while getting off the plane in Chicago on the way there she overheated and threw up all over herself and David.

Before the throw up.
So, David had to rush off the plane and into the nearest restroom to change Morgan and try his best to clean up her clothes before throwing them in a bag and clean himself up. By the time he was able to get all of that taken care of it was time to catch the plane to Philly, so no lunch break.
The rest of the day was thankfully uneventful. Morgan's appointment the next day went long as usual, but the new braces seem to be fitting well. She has a new back brace that is pink to match her princess boots and it is a new style. This brace opens in the back (hopefully it will eliminate the sores on her spine) and has an opening around her stomach to allow her to expand for breathing and eating. So far she seems to be tolerating the brace well and hasn't really complained about it. Unfortunately, like the last brace it is limiting. She has difficulty still with sitting in the brace and right now because it is so long she is like the kid in A Christmas Story "I can't put my arms down!" The brace rides up high into her armpits so if she drops a toy in her lap she can't put her arms down far enough to reach it. I guess she will just have to grow into it like she did the last one. As far as her KAFOs go I really am liking them. Now that she has finally grown big enough they have the type of hinge we originally wanted. We can lock them into bent for at night, lock them using a bar in the back into straight for standing, or leave them so they can open and close for walking. I have made her walk in them a bit and although it is hard the left one provides great support for her knee. I may try to see what happens if I put the left one on while she is on her bike although I am not sure the brace will allow her the range of motion she needs to ride. So, in all the appointment went well and the braces seem to be fitting well.
The biggest event of the trip occurred sometime between 9:00 am in Philly (the last time we have photographs of boo boo) and the time they met me in the Tucson airport at 9:35 pm Tucson time. At some point Morgan's beloved Boo Boo baby (who she stole from her cousin Caity, sorry Caity) became lost. I have called the hospital, the car rental company, the airline, and the airport and we have yet to locate Boo Boo. Thankfully Morgan is a brave girl and although she still asks for her every day she has taken to allowing New Baby (who we added a bandaid to) to comfort her at night.
One of our favorite books to read is Knuffle Bunny. They just released the third book in the series that I was going to get Morgan for Christmas, but I may break down and buy it this week. You see the third book is very fitting to this situation. It is called Knuffle Bunny Free. In the story Trixie goes on vacation with her family and loses Knuffle Bunny on the airplane. She spends the whole vacation without her Knuffle Bunny. On the flight home amazingly enough Knuffle Bunny is on the plane! However, there is also a very sad child on the plane. Since Trixie had survived her whole vacation without Knuffle Bunny she decides that this crying child may need Knuffle Bunny more than her and gives her beloved Knuffle Bunny away. Too cute and very fitting for Morgan.
The rest of the day was thankfully uneventful. Morgan's appointment the next day went long as usual, but the new braces seem to be fitting well. She has a new back brace that is pink to match her princess boots and it is a new style. This brace opens in the back (hopefully it will eliminate the sores on her spine) and has an opening around her stomach to allow her to expand for breathing and eating. So far she seems to be tolerating the brace well and hasn't really complained about it. Unfortunately, like the last brace it is limiting. She has difficulty still with sitting in the brace and right now because it is so long she is like the kid in A Christmas Story "I can't put my arms down!" The brace rides up high into her armpits so if she drops a toy in her lap she can't put her arms down far enough to reach it. I guess she will just have to grow into it like she did the last one. As far as her KAFOs go I really am liking them. Now that she has finally grown big enough they have the type of hinge we originally wanted. We can lock them into bent for at night, lock them using a bar in the back into straight for standing, or leave them so they can open and close for walking. I have made her walk in them a bit and although it is hard the left one provides great support for her knee. I may try to see what happens if I put the left one on while she is on her bike although I am not sure the brace will allow her the range of motion she needs to ride. So, in all the appointment went well and the braces seem to be fitting well.
The biggest event of the trip occurred sometime between 9:00 am in Philly (the last time we have photographs of boo boo) and the time they met me in the Tucson airport at 9:35 pm Tucson time. At some point Morgan's beloved Boo Boo baby (who she stole from her cousin Caity, sorry Caity) became lost. I have called the hospital, the car rental company, the airline, and the airport and we have yet to locate Boo Boo. Thankfully Morgan is a brave girl and although she still asks for her every day she has taken to allowing New Baby (who we added a bandaid to) to comfort her at night.
One of our favorite books to read is Knuffle Bunny. They just released the third book in the series that I was going to get Morgan for Christmas, but I may break down and buy it this week. You see the third book is very fitting to this situation. It is called Knuffle Bunny Free. In the story Trixie goes on vacation with her family and loses Knuffle Bunny on the airplane. She spends the whole vacation without her Knuffle Bunny. On the flight home amazingly enough Knuffle Bunny is on the plane! However, there is also a very sad child on the plane. Since Trixie had survived her whole vacation without Knuffle Bunny she decides that this crying child may need Knuffle Bunny more than her and gives her beloved Knuffle Bunny away. Too cute and very fitting for Morgan.

No comments:
Post a Comment