background

Monday, November 1, 2010

VIP Fall Festival

As though I am not busy enough taking care of Morgan and working part time, for the past year and a half (before Morgan was even in preschool) I have been helping run the preschool parent group (it is basically a PTA). I am not sure how I got roped into heading this up. So, needless to say I have been busy helping out with that and this year we decided to try to put on a Fall Festival at the preschool to give the kids a chance to trick or treat at school and for families to get to meet.

It actually turned out to be a great event. We had a lot of families come and the teachers and paraprofessionals did an amazing job transforming their rooms into fun Halloween themed centers. In one room there was face painting and a bean bag toss, then there was a "Dance Party" room complete with disco lights (Morgan didn't want to leave this room), there was a pumpkin science room, and then fishing and bowling in the last room. We even had 14 of the high schoolers that come into the preschool as part of their child development class volunteer to come and help run centers.


Morgan all "fancied" up for the night.



Morgan had fun bowling.

With a little help from her dad she was able to knock them all down!

Decorating pumpkins in the pumpkin science room.

Enjoying a little pumpkin pie playdough time.

Morgan was SO excited to see her parapro JoLynn. She had asked JoLynn if she would dress like Fancy Nancy too and she did!

Morgan checking out all JoLynn's fancy accessories. She kept looking at JoLynn all night and smiling and laughing. She thought it was so funny that they were both Fancy Nancy.

Picking out her face painting with Ms. Amber.


Holding still.

Checking out her bat.
It was a fun night, but we were ready to go home. Morgan was exhausted when we got home and was very sad when I told her it was time to wash the bat off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...