background

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter 2011

Morgan's Easter began a few days early this year with a gift from her grandparents. Since Donna works weekends she put together Morgan's gift and sent it home with her on Thursday. She gave Morgan the choice of opening it then or waiting until Sunday. At first she was going to wait, but by Friday she became too anxious seeing the bag just sitting on the table. Since she had been hit with yet another cold and wasn't feeling well (and I knew what was inside the gift) I decided she could open it.
Morgan loved her new gifts. This is a really cute Tinkerbell book that is kinda like a Find Waldo book.


Then came her favorite gift of all, Tangled! She hadn't seen it yet so it was the perfect thing for a Friday evening with her not feeling well. We have watched it everyday since. Thankfully I enjoy it too, it is very cute. She now tries to sing the "I got a dream" song and told me yesterday, "Mommy, Tangled my favorite movie."

On Easter morning we woke up early and had an egg hunt. Morgan did a fabulous job locating all the eggs pointing around the room shouting "There's one, there's another one!" However, actually picking up the eggs was another story. It probably took her over 30 minutes to finally pick up all her eggs, she was moving so SLOW that morning. We had some pictures of it, but they were all on David's phone which he managed to destroy later that day (thank goodness I purchased the insurance for it).

That evening we headed over to the Johnson's for dinner (Matt and Georgia's parents). They have invited us to Easter dinner each year since we moved back to Tucson almost 7 years ago. This year was especially nice since both Morgan and Luke were old enough to do an Easter egg hunt. As usual Morgan was spoiled over there and received two more Easter baskets, one from MaryAnn and Steve (Matt's parents) and one from Linda and Don (Georgia's parents).



Opening her Dora and Boots bath toys from Linda and Don.


Luke and Morgan opening their baskets from MaryAnn and Steve.


I love how Luke is looking away while trying to steal Morgan's egg from her basket. Almost as if to say if I am not looking they won't be able to see me. Meanwhile Morgan is watching his every move. She absolutely adores her cousin, but still can't manage to drop the baby Luke. I think she will be still calling him that when he is 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...