background

Monday, April 4, 2011

Ahh...a little peace and quiet

No, I haven't forgotten about my blog....our lives have just been crazy busy this past month and Morgan who is quickly approaching 4 has pretty much given up naps. That is...until today. All of a sudden I looked over at her during her snack time this afternoon and she had a huge bite of banana in her mouth and her eyes totally closed. I gently woke her to have her finish that bite and then laid her down on my bed. Not sure how long this will last, so I am going to quickly try to recap as much of the last month in one short blog as I can.

So here we go...March is fast forward. To start out the month we had just learned that TROT was receiving the grant that I had been helping them with. On our next visit to thank Morgan and I for helping out they surprised me with flowers and Morgan with a "Fancy Monty." I unfortunately was stuck at work with a meeting, but Donna and Charley took lots of pictures for me and Morgan told me all about it when she got home.


Poor Monty, he must be thinking "um guys... I am a boy you know."
Morgan loved the "hot pink saddle" and has asked for it every week since.

That same week (the last week before Spring Break) we had my good friend Georgia's little boy Lucas hang out with us for a few days. Morgan loved having him around. We played a bunch and Luke got to experience therapy with Morgan.

They had a blast playing in the balls.

And Morgan wanted to show off the doll house to Luke as well.

Then Spring Break finally hit. We were super excited to have some time off and because mid-week the first week of break we would be heading to meet up with Morgan's oldest cousin Caity in Casa Grande. We had arranged for Caity to come down for a few days over her break to play with Morgan and celebrate her 12th birthday a little early. I can't believe she is 12! I still remember driving up to PHX the day she was born. I digress.... So on the first Wednesday of break Morgan and I packed up the van with all her favorite DVDs and headed to Casa Grande.
Morgan's cousin Lindsey (Caity's sister) decided to surprise Morgan by coming down for the drive and having lunch with us. Lindsey was invited to come to our house as well, but she is a total home body. Morgan was very excited to see her though and to get to have lunch with her.

This is the first of many pictures like this that Caity took of her and Morgan together.

After having a quick lunch in Casa Grande with Lindsey and Mark (My sister Jen's husband), Morgan, Caity, and I headed back to Tucson. Morgan had her riding lessons that afternoon and couldn't wait to introduce Caity to her horse Monty. The whole time Morgan was riding she kept yelling "Caity, watch me!" She was so excited to show off for her big cousin. She absolutely adores Caity.

Just before break hit Morgan missed school again (she has missed so many days this year). I sent her to school Tuesday morning with a bit of a cough, something she had had for a while. It wasn't bad, just sounded like she needed to cough something up and she didn't ever have a fever. Well, around 8:15 Tuesday morning just as I was getting my class going for the day I got a phone call from the preschool...Morgan had a fever 100.2. She needed to go home. Since I was a bit worried about the cough and fever together a called the dr and got her in for late that afternoon. Turns out she had slight case of pneumonia. So here she is doing another breathing treatment while her and Caity watched Sid the Science Kid (her new favorite).

All done with her treatment and posing for another shot with Caity.

Told you there were tons of these shots.
On Thursday while Caity was here we spent most of the day just hanging out and being lazy. It was fabulous. On Friday we took off early for a morning of PT and then headed out to the Desert Museum.

Morgan loved showing off everything at PT to Caity. One of her top requests is getting to jump on the trampoline.

She also loves to swing on the "horsey swing" as she calls it. Notice her shirt. It says Spin, Twirl, and Dance. She LOVES this shirt and asks to wear it everyday for two reasons. One just that spinning, twirling, and dancing are like her favorite things ever and two because her big cousin has a very similar shirt that says Jump, Spin, Dance. They were wearing their "matching" shirts together that day.


After therapy we made the long drive out to the Desert Museum. Caity must know how much I love her because I sacrificed missing the U of A game that day to take her and Morgan out there. It was in the high 80's that day, but in the desert sun it sure felt hotter than that. I had meant to put the seat cover we have for Morgan's wheelchair on before leaving the house but forgot, so her seat was blazing hot within seconds. I pulled off her undershirt and used that to try to help. Within an hour I had to strip my undershirt as well to help cool the seat. After only an hour and a half and only about a 1/4 of the museum we all decided we had had enough sun. We called it a day and decided to head home for some swimming in the spa.

Morgan trying desperately to keep the sun out of her face.



While swimming I actually got kicked out of the spa by my own child. She turned to me and said "Mommy, leave please." She just wanted time to swim with Caity. Caity is such a great cousin and big helper. As I watched to two of them swim I could overhear Caity telling Morgan all the same cues that I give her about remembering to stand and use her muscles, etc... it was very cute.
During her visit Caity read Morgan a ton of books and also played lots of Yahtzee Jr. Morgan somehow kept winning.

Sadly Saturday morning arrived before we knew it and it was time to take Caity home. Morgan and I planned on bringing Caity all the way back to PHX so we could spend the night and hang out with Lindsey, Aunt Jen, Uncle Mark, and her Nanny and Pa. Morgan couldn't wait to see the whole family and to play with Caity's new birthday present she got from her parents, a tether ball.

Morgan and Lindsey playing tether ball. Morgan loved it and that was all she could talk about for days was how she played tether ball.

Morgan and Nanny playing swords.

Caity decided that she had outgrown her doll house. She offered it to Morgan to borrow (she wants it back for her own kids one day, too cute!).

Morgan loved getting to spend time with her Nanny and Pa. She demanded that they read her stories that night instead of boring ole Mommy.

Back at home we had a very relaxing second week of break. Morgan spent most days playing doll house and dress-up. This is one of the mornings that she requested Tinker Bell and then refused to take it off.

One of Morgan's new things is she loves to hula hoop. She first discovered this at PT one day and has been asking for one for over a month. We ended up finding a great one (really light weight and cheap) at the 99 c.ent store.

Break is now over and we are back to our usual routine of school. Since starting back at preschool Morgan has officially decided she is a BIG GIRL. She woke up the first morning back and insisted on wearing "Big Girl Panties" to school. I was a little nervous but figured since she only goes for 3 hours that day she would be fine. She did great and didn't have an accident until around 3 that afternoon (but was at home for that). The next day she again insisted on the "big girl panties" so although she was going for the whole day I told her we could try and packed an extra outfit (on top of the usual extra one) just in case. David dropped her off at the usual 7:45 and when I picked her up at 3:45 she was still dry!!! The next day we tried again. She did great all morning, but unfortunately during nap had an accident. But hey one out of three days is not bad. She went again today with no accidents!!! After over 2 years of potty training I am starting to think there may be a light at the end of this tunnel. Here's hoping!

And that my friends is the gist of what has been going on for the past month...and it is still quiet in my house. Let's see if I can now squeeze in a little time for laundry and a headstart on dinner before she wakes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...