background

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Take a hike!

A couple of weeks ago I had to rearrange my work schedule because I was taking my students on a field trip. Since the trip was on a Friday I had arranged for Morgan to spend the day with her grandparents.

Morgan was of coursed thrilled to have yet another day hanging out with her grandparents, and as usual they had something fun planned for her. Donna and Charley love to be outdoors and have passed that passion for outdoors onto Morgan. When she is at their house she plays outside all day long. She takes walks, rides her bike, swings, helps water the plants, etc... With the weather being beautiful that day Donna and Charley had the idea of taking Morgan on a hike. They love to go down to Madera Canyon and found that there was a wheelchair accessible hike. Morgan was so excited to go on her first "official" hike in which she would get to "hike" and not just be carried.


Morgan and Grandma ready to hit the trail.



Leaving Grandpa in their dust.



I am not sure what they are talking about in these photos, but I am guessing Grandpa is educating Morgan about all the different plants and animals they are seeing along the trail. Thanks to her grandparents Morgan already knows more about botany than most adults.

Of course a hike wouldn't be complete without a picnic at the end of the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...