background

Monday, December 26, 2011

18 weeks!

It is hard to believe how fast this second pregnancy is going. We intended to get belly pictures every week and I intended to blog weekly, however, all of that has fallen through the cracks. I guess since we are so busy with little Miss Morgan there just isn't the same time there was when I was pregnant with her to focus on the pregnancy. I haven't even picked up What to Expect..... to read in weeks.

On Saturday we hit 18 weeks. According to all the online sites the baby is now about 10 inches long and weighs about 7 ounces. The baby is busy moving all around although I haven't felt it too much. We did take Morgan to the movies the other day and while I finally sat still for a few minutes during the middle of the day I did feel some fluttering movements. Since then I have felt those same types of movements, mostly at night when I am relaxed and lying down. It calms me a bit to feel those movements, however, I can't wait until I can feel stronger kicks and punches and for David and Morgan to feel them too. I am still nervous as to whether or not this little one is moving enough, especially since I haven't felt any huge kicks or flips, but I am trying to remain calm and I am grateful for all those little movements I do feel. We are still very anxious for our next ultrasound on the 12th.


In terms of how I am feeling I am doing very well. I feel great and have my energy back. I dread the idea of getting on the scale though. The weight has definitely come on a lot easier and faster with this second pregnancy. I feel like every since I hit 30 my metabolism just hit a brick wall and stopped, it of course doesn't help that I am pregnant during the holidays. There is just so many yummy foods and treats available to eat. Other than that I feel great and we are staying very busy. Below is a picture of the latest belly shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...