background

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Kindergarten!

 This past Monday my baby started kindergarten. I can't believe she is that old already. It seems like just the other day she was this tiny little baby I was snuggling in the NICU and now she is a big kid going to big kid school.

Morgan was so excited about the start of school and getting to finally be at Sycamore with me. On her first day she was totally fired up. When it was time to go in we didn't even get a good bye, she just took off happy as can be to be back in school.

I did well. I didn't even shed any real tears, my eyes watered, but no real tears. Preschool was definitely harder for me. I think now that she has two years of that under her belt this wasn't as big of a deal for any of us. We knew Morgan was in great hands, especially since she has her same para again this year, and we knew she loved school so it was a lot easier.

Here are some pictures from her big day: 


Checking herself out in the mirror.


Morgan is doing such a great job with standing at the sink. She now does the whole process of getting out her toothbrush, toothpaste, and brushing on her own. Of course we help with a second go round of brushing to make sure she got everything. We are just so proud of how big she is getting and how every day she is learning to do things more independently.

Posing for her first day of school picture.

She was so excited she didn't really want to hold still. She kept walking as I was trying to capture these shots.

Driving in to school. 



Giving her teacher the special present she made for her.

Unpacking and hanging her backpack. We have since figured out that having her do all of that is easier in the wheelchair since immediately after she is done she heads to the playground.

Zooming off to the playground.




Visiting with one of her favorite teachers, Miss Cronk!

Talking at the fence with the big kids. Morgan was very excited about this as Erin had told her they could do this everyday. Morgan knows lots of older students at school and since they can't come on to the kinder playground this is how they can visit with each other in the morning. It is always her first stop every morning when she gets to the playground.

Lining up to go in. Morgan does a great job in line with her chair.


off to her first day!


Morgan now has a full week under her belt. She truly enjoyed every moment of her first week and was completely exhausted every day when I picked her up at 10:40. She of course refused to ever nap though so she was in bed every night by around 7:00. Morgan's favorite thing about her first week was the fire drill. She also enjoyed getting to visit the different places on campus like the office, MPR, and best of all the library. She is very excited to start checking out books.

As a family we are adjusting back to the school schedule as well. I am so thankful that I planned to take a little extra time at home before returning to work. We definitely need it to help adjust to this new schedule and getting two kids out of the house each day. It is an adventure that's for sure. I also think I am really going to enjoy my new work schedule once I do go back. I will be working mornings every day with only one full day on Thursdays. Since Morgan is half days we have kinda been 'practicing' that schedule as well. After dropping Morgan off I either go in to work in my classroom for a bit or just take Kenzie and go hang out at my in-laws. This past week we got home most days around 11:30. We were then able to do lunch together, get Kenz down for a nap, and have some 'quiet time' together. I was also able to then have time to actually do laundry and cook dinner without feeling completely rushed. It was nice. When I do finally return to work our goal will be to get home most days by 12:30. Hopefully it will work out. In the meantime I am going to enjoy every moment of my last two weeks being a stay at home mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...