Here are some highlights from Makenzie being three months:
* Makenzie rolled over from her tummy to her back. Of course she has only done it once so far and she chose to do it when no one was around to witness it. I put her down on her tummy and went into the kitchen for a sec (we have an open floor plan, so no I technically did not leave her unattended on tummy time). When I came back to the living room area she was on her back. I immediately put her back on her tummy to see if she would do it again, but she didn't.
* She is grabbing toys in front of her and loves to spin the bird on her bouncy seat.
*She has put toys placed in her hands into her mouth, along with anything else she can get a hold of. She loves having something in her mouth, that is anything but a paci. They kid refuses to take one and every time I try to offer her one she gags and acts like it is the worst thing in the world.
*She had two more visits to PT. Her therapist couldn't believe how much she had improved after just one week and after two weeks she said Makenzie is looking textbook perfect on her tummy. YEAH! She also measured her head again and Makenzie has gone down from a 7 to a 5 in just two weeks. We are now going to try doing PT just every other week until she reaches an age where she should be getting more physically active (probably around 5 months) and then we will go back to weekly.
*Makenzie discovered her feet.
*Makenzie moved into her big girl bed in her own room! She is doing great in her own room and I am sleeping a bit better. Makenzie loves to sleep and is a good sleeper, just noisy.
*Today Makenzie (accidentally I am sure) rolled from her side to her tummy. I put her down for her afternoon nap in her crib and when I went back in to check on her she was wide awake looking all around on her tummy!
Sleeping:
Kenzie has put herself on a night time routine. Right around 6:15 she wants her bath, pjs, and to eat. She is then usually fast asleep between 6:45 and 7:00. She sleeps most nights until 1:30 and wakes up to eat really quickly and then goes right back to bed until around 4:30. She wakes again for a quick feeding and then goes back to bed until sometime between 5:45 and 6:30. It depends on if she hears us getting ready for work or not. By 6:30 she has to be up because that is when I grab her to put her in her carseat. During the day she is starting to get on more of a routine as well. Most days she will take a morning nap at her grandparents for about an hour. She then naps in the afternoon from about 12:45-2:30 and takes a short cat-nap around 5:15 for about 15 minutes.
Eating:
Makenzie is still breastfed. She is doing great with eating (as you can tell from her chubby thighs). In the morning she usually goes every 3 hours, but in the afternoon she still wants to eat every two hours most days.
We have not been to the doctor's this month so I do not have any official stats for her. I would guess she is between 11 and 12 pounds. She has definitely gotten taller because her 3 month pjs are getting tight in the length. She is filling out most of her 3 month clothes already so I am thinking we will soon be having to pull out some of the 6 month stuff.
Here are some pictures from Makenzie's third month:
![]() |
| Practicing some tummy time at Grandma and Grandpa's! |
![]() |
| Morgan encouraging her sister to play on her tummy. |
| Kenzie discovered the baby in the mirror. |
| Playing horses with Morgan. |
| First night in her big girl bed. Don't mind the diaper hanging out (David always forgets to button some buttons). |
![]() |
| Look Mom, I found my toes! |
| This is how I found our little wiggle worm the other morning. |
![]() |
| All smiles! |
![]() |
| Happy 3 month birthday! |






No comments:
Post a Comment