Makenzie is now 7 months old! I know that I say it every month, but she is just growing up so very fast. It seems like each day she is doing new things. She is such a happy little girl and we just love having her around.
7 Months:
![]() |
| I couldn't find her sticker this month. :( |
![]() |
| Makenzie is on the go, she did not want to sit still for her pictures. |
Here are some stats from Makenzie's 7 month:
Height: ??? I need to measure her
Weight: Not sure since we haven't been in to the doctors
Clothes: Mostly 9 month
Diapers: size 3
Eating: Makenzie now eats solids twice a day, in the morning and for dinner. She has enjoyed most of the stage 1 food and we are working on stage 2 now. Donna has also made her some of her own food including apples and pears with cinnamon and some butternut squash. After the holidays are over she is going to try a few more recipes.
Sleeping: Makenzie is still going to bed super early. Most nights she is still down before 6:00. We are slowly trying to get her to stay up a little later in the evening. Once she is in bed she typically wakes twice still to eat. I am not sure that she really needs to be up twice, but I think it is like an eternal alarm clock and it is just routine. Once we are back from our trip next week I am hoping to break her of this routine. She wakes most mornings between 5:30 and 6:00. She then takes a morning nap around 9:00 and will nap usually for 45 minutes to an hour. We are still really struggling with the afternoon nap. She is a total power napper and thinks that 20 minutes is good.
Likes:
* Kenzie still loves her bath time. She can be totally losing it, screaming her head off, but if you turn on the water she perks right up and begins smiling and cooing. She never wants to get out at the end of bath time. David thinks we have a future swimmer on our hands.
* Makenzie is like her big sister and loves to read books. I wish I could say that I read to her daily, but we don't. Often she just listens to the books we are reading to Morgan. She also loves to read to herself. Now that she is on the move she goes right for her bookshelf and pulls a book off, then rolls over onto her back and 'reads' to herself. It is too cute. I think this is thanks to all the wonderful modeling Morgan does on a daily basis. The kid always has a book in her hands.
*She loves to play with her lights and sounds mirror. The poor thing was so sad when it ran out of batteries and couldn't play music for a few days. She kept going over to it and trying and then would look at me so sad like 'why won't it work.' When David finally was able to replace the batteries she was the happiest little thing.
Dislikes:
*She still is not a fan of big sudden noises like the blender.
*She still does not like to have her neck stretched. I am trying hard to trick her into getting the stretching done by playing games with her and through the way I carry her at times during the day.
Here are some pictures and highlights from her 7th month:
1. Makenzie had to start wearing a collar on her neck to help with her
torticollis. She hates it and we haven't been very good about getting it
on her. It is to help stretch out the neck since now that she is older
she doesn't let us do the stretches as easily. She is supposed to wear
it 3 hours a day.
![]() |
| Makenzie and her BFF, Macie, enjoying a basketball game together. |
4. Makenzie celebrated her first Santa Day in Phoenix at her Nanny and Pa's house. I have lots of pictures of that, but will put them in their own post since there are so many.
Here are a few videos from this month:
****The last video shows Makenzie's biggest highlight of the month. At exactly 7 months on December 14th, Makenzie began crawling! By the 16th she was all over the house and gaining speed!






No comments:
Post a Comment