background

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Here we go again!

Yet again on a Wednesday evening I am busily trying to get organized and packed for another airplane ride. The DVD player is charging, all the Elmo dvds are gathered, loads of books are packed, and the medicine cabinet is almost ready to go. Yes, I am now referring to Morgan's arsenal of medicine as a full cabinet as we have moved on from the simple bag of Tylenol and Motrin that we left with just over a month ago to now taking: Tylenol, Motrin, Valium, Azithromycin, and otic edge solution. Why the Azithromycin and otic edge you ask? Well because on top of everything our lucky little girl has now developed an ear infection. Yes, that's right we are about to fly tomorrow with an ear infection. Please pray for us and everyone on board. :)

For those of you who are keeping up and reading each posting you know from my last post that we had a rough Friday evening and I described this as being typical, which it did seem. However, Saturday afternoon came and went and Morgan was still very fussy and in pain. By Saturday evening she had developed a fever of 102. We started the typical routine of alternating Tylenol and Motrin every 3 hours or so, hardly slept during the night, but by mid-day Sunday her fever had broke.... so I thought. By Sunday evening it was back again and Morgan kept pointing to her head. Finally when we kept asking her what was hurting she got out "ear." (I can't tell you how wonderful it is that she is finally reaching the age where she can vocalize what is wrong instead of constantly playing that guessing game). So Monday morning at exactly 9:00 (when their phones finally switch off the answering service) I reached the pediatrician's office and scheduled an appointment for that morning. Sure enough Morgan had a right ear infection. Her pediatrician put her on the Azithromycin (rather than the pink stuff) because it doesn't have to be kept cold, which will come in handy tomorrow when flying. He also gave her the otic edge which is ear drops to numb the pain. I asked him about flying and he said she should be good to go. Let's hope he is right.

So as I said, we are off tomorrow for our turn around trip. We leave Tucson at 12:05, go to LA, stop in Denver, and then finally land in Philly at 11:20pm their time. We then will pick up our rental car and head to the hotel for a few hours of sleep. Then we will be up nice and early to head to the hospital for her last pair of casts!!!! (Well, lets hope, we thought the spica would be the last one). We then take the same flight home tomorrow that Morgan has flown for the past two weeks. I am curious if the flight attendants will start to recognize her. Again this week we will be getting off in Phoenix. This time my sister, Jen, and her two girls, Caity and Lindsey, will pick us up. Morgan is very excited about getting to see her cousins. She is looking forward to watching Ice Age on the ride down with the girls. Once things settle down at home (hopefully by sometime on Saturday) I will post an update to let you all know what the doctor had to say this week and where Morgan's degree of bend is at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...