
We started out Day 2 of our San Diego trip with a visit to Sea World. We arrived right as the park was opening because this morning we were going to be starting the day with Breakfast with Shamu! Morgan had been talking about this for weeks and was very excited to see Shamu again, and this time up close and personal.
Our table was right up next to the tank. It was awesome! They had the whole area labeled as a soak zone and warned us to keep our eyes on cameras and cell phones as they never know when the whales will make really big splashes. Our breakfast was delicious and well worth the money, but what made it even better was the show they put on once we were all eating.
All of a sudden during breakfast this is the sight we saw, Shamu jumping out of the water. It was so great. All the girls faces were priceless. They we so excited!
Look how close we were. It was so worth it! We will definitely be doing breakfast with Shamu again the next time we visit.After breakfast was finished Morgan and I decided to split up from the rest of the group (Georgia and her family) because Morgan wanted to see Elmo and the older girls weren't into that. Morgan and I headed over to the Sesame Street part of the park. Elmo wasn't out yet so we went to a quick show at the Pet's Rule stadium. It was a really cute show where they have trained dogs and cats and pigs doing silly tricks. Morgan loved it and enjoyed dancing to the music. As soon as the show was over she started asking to go see Elmo. We headed over to the picture place and were able to meet Elmo and Zoie. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of this because this Elmo wouldn't (or couldn't due to rules) hold Morgan. Since I was by myself I wasn't able to snap a picture. The Sea World employee of course took one, but it was $20 to buy it. Oh well, Morgan got what she wanted which was to say hi to Elmo. We then started walking around in the Sesame Street part and ran into Bert and Ernie. This I was able to capture.
After that Morgan was exhausted. It was about 12:00 and she had been up since about 4:30 (remember she went to bed the night before at 6:00).
After a quick nap in the stroller Morgan was refreshed and ready to go just in time to catch the Shamu show. She was very excited for this and couldn't wait to see Shamu jump.
When the show was over we were all feeling a bit hungry for a snack. Of course when at a theme park there is no better snack than a churro. I think I have this same picture from last year's trip only Morgan is a year younger. She has the same tired eyes with a huge churro in her mouth.
When our snacks were finished we headed to the aquarium and shark exhibit, both of which Morgan really liked. She could sit all day and just watch the fish swim. Shortly after that we all decided that we were exhausted and it was time to head back to the hotel. Morgan had spent the whole time at Sea World, about 6 hours, out of her braces so before we left the parking lot I put them back on. She didn't even fuss once about it; I guess the long break did her well and she was content about having to put them back on.It was a great day and we can't wait to go back again.
No comments:
Post a Comment