
On March 26th, Morgan returned to the opthamologist for a check-up. David and I were not able to attend as we had to both work, but her fabulous Grandma was able to take her. During the visit it was decided that we would need to start patching Morgan's left eye for an hour or two each day to try to strengthen the vision of her right eye. When I talked to Donna after the appointment and she told me the news I couldn't believe it; just when we got out of braces all day she now has something else to put up with.
I was a bit nervous about how Morgan would handle the patch, but like everything else she took it like a champ. She put it on without complaint and never once did she pull or grab at it. The cheap patch that I was able to find in the grocery store is an adult, one size fits all, patch. It was working for the time being but was not completely blocking out her left eye. After doing a little research online about pediatric patches I found this website called framehuggers.com. You give them the measurements of the glasses, tell them which eye needs patching, and they custom sew one to fit exactly. The greatest part is you get to customize the patch choosing from a variety of colors and you can add a logo as well. For Morgan's patch we choose a lilac color (to match her purple frames) and added a "Fancy Nancy" logo (She is VERY into Fancy Nancy).
We are hoping that when we return for another check-up in June that her right eye will have improved enough to stop patching, but we will see. In the meantime Morgan continues to do amazing with wearing the patch each day.

No comments:
Post a Comment