


This morning we continued our Easter celebration with breakfast at our house with Charley (Donna was working but of course sent gifts). I am not sure when Easter became more about presents; I guess it has to do with parents not wanting to fill their kids up with tons of sugar. I have to admit that I went for the gifts over the candy too. After eating breakfast we headed into Morgan's room where the Easter bunny had left her basket and gifts. We were then going to do our egg hunt. This was a big mistake. We should have done the egg hunt first because after opening her gifts she could have cared less about hunting for eggs. She just wanted to play with her new toys.


Okay, so don't judge but we totally just reused Morgan's Halloween basket as her Easter basket. My plan is to get her an official Easter basket one day (hopefully by next year), but I just haven't found one I really like yet.
Grandma and Grandpa "bunny" gave Morgan a Fancy Nancy doll and a pink rocking chair. The doll is to keep at their house because Morgan loves to dress and undress her dolls and none of the babies at Grandma and Grandpa's house had removable clothing.

From the Easter bunny Morgan got a little pony, goggles for swimming, a new eye patch (I will explain more about that in another blog), and a Snap and Style Doll. She loves this new doll and has named it "Emma." She played with both her new babies all morning.

Then for Easter dinner we headed with Matt, Georgia, and Lucas over to Matt's Parent's house. Maryanne and Steve had a basket waiting for both kids. Morgan was very excited that the Easter bunny even found her at their house. She got an adorable little Pooh stuffed animal that is dressed like a bunny and of course some eggs filled with candy. We had a great time visiting with them.
We are ALL about the candy at our house still! ;)
ReplyDeleteGood for you for using her Halloween bucket! SMART!