Now that the baby is 20 weeks along it is about the size of a banana. The baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces and is about 10 inches from head to toe. We will go in on Thursday for our big 20 week ultrasound and I will have more precise stats for you all after that. We will also get confirmation on what we are having that day and we will share the news that night! As I said before our doctor made a guess at 16 weeks, but she said she has never been wrong after 20 weeks so that is why we are waiting. In the meantime I have been feeling the little one move more and more. Some days more than others, but I think that is due to my activity level on certain days. Thursday evening after we got home from the basketball game the little one was very active. I had David come try to feel and he thinks he felt a kick. On Friday the little one was pretty active as well, I think because I wasn't I just noticed it more. Morgan and I had a rare appointment free Friday so we just hung out around the house and enjoyed some girl time. Morgan spent a lot of time sitting on my lap trying to feel the baby, but unfortunately she hasn't felt anything yet. This morning around 4 am I was woken up by some pretty big kicks. After the first few I decided to wake David because I was sure he would feel these, but by the time he woke up enough to realize what I was saying the baby stopped. The movements I am feeling do help put me at ease, but I wish this baby would run marathons in my tummy or break ribs (like Bella's baby in Brea.king Da.wn.) I just want to know for sure that everything is okay and this baby is healthy and strong. I can't wait until Thursday when hopefully we can all be put at ease. In the meantime we continue to pray that this little one is developing as he/she should.

Here is a picture at 20 weeks 2 days.
I feel like I look a lot bigger than I am. This shirt is short so it is sticking so far out.
BTW, I love how covered my fridge is with baby pictures. I can't wait to add to the collection on Thursday!
I feel like I look a lot bigger than I am. This shirt is short so it is sticking so far out.
BTW, I love how covered my fridge is with baby pictures. I can't wait to add to the collection on Thursday!
Since our doctor made a guess as to what we are having (and she is the second one to tell us this, remember our 12 week ultrasound, the tech made a guess then too) we have been planning the nursery. We haven't painted yet, but we did buy a sample of the color we are thinking about. That way if it is confirmed on Thursday we can go buy the paint and David can take advantage of our three day weekend to paint. Morgan thought she should get in on the action. She really wants to help with everything when it comes to the baby. She is such a great big sister already!

Helping Daddy test out the new color.
It is really hard to see, especially with the purple.
When we officially paint we are going to use the paint with primer built in to help cover the purple.
It is really hard to see, especially with the purple.
When we officially paint we are going to use the paint with primer built in to help cover the purple.
After we tested out the paint color Morgan saw the crib which wasn't put together. She immediately told her daddy that we needed to get the baby's bed ready. Since he loves to appease his daughter David instantly put the crib together for her. Now the room is starting to look little more like a nursery and less like a dumping place for baby stuff. Hopefully within the month we will have pictures of the new nursery to post.
No comments:
Post a Comment