background

Monday, January 23, 2012

22 weeks and temptations!

Time seems to be flying by so quickly right now. Just the other day someone at work was asking how far along I was and I told her I was about to hit 21 weeks. I realized later that night that I was actually about to hit 22 weeks.

At 22 weeks our little girl is now about 1 pound and 11 inches long. She is now proportioned like a newborn, just a very thin one. She is busy moving all around and doing somersaults. I am continuing to feel her more and more. She is still most active in the evening, but I have noticed her occasionally even in the middle of the work day. Each little movement I feel is so exciting and helps put me at ease. David has felt her a lot lately as well. We are still anxiously awaiting when Morgan first feels her kick.

For the past week or so pregnancy cravings have kicked in. I somehow survived the month of holidays only gaining 1 pound, but I think all that is going to be behind me now (literally). All of a sudden this little one is craving sweets big time as well as cheese puffs. I have know idea why, but the other day I felt the urge that I just had to go to the store and buy cheese puffs. I have been trying to eat them in moderation in hopes of not completely breaking the scale at my next appointment. In addition to the temptation of sweets I am also fighting off the temptation to shop. Knowing that I have another little girl on the way is so exciting and I love walking through the little girls section and seeing all the coordinating outfits I could buy both my girls. I am doing pretty well with fighting it off though since this new little girl has more clothes than she could ever hope to wear thanks to her big sister.

Here is a pic of me at 22 weeks.



This was one temptation that I just couldn't resist.

Here is a sneak peek at the nursery. It is almost done so hopefully in the next week or two I will be able to post more pictures. In the meantime here are the adorable book shelves my wonderful father-in-law, Charley, made for us.

Too cute!
I just love these little shelves.
They are hanging on the wall right next to my rocking chair so I can easily reach books while I am rocking the little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...