This week we hit 27 weeks and I can already tell the 'honeymoon' phase of the 2nd trimester is coming to an end. This week I have started to feel tired again. I have also started to feel 'big' and emotional. Lifting Morgan is getting harder each day....sometimes it makes me scared to think about how I am going to care for her in the last few weeks when I am really huge. As far as being emotional I have hit that point where the littlest things make me cry. The other day while driving to work I heard a story on the radio and just burst into big sobbing tears. Then this morning over breakfast I just started crying because I told David how stressed I am thinking about him going back to work after the little one is born and being on summer break with Morgan. I am so excited to have lots of time to spend with both my girls, I am just nervous about how I am going to handle certain situations when I am on my own for more than 8 hours a day. My biggest concern is that I will be right in the middle of nursing and Morgan will say she needs to go potty. I know I will figure it all out in the end, but those kind of things make me nervous right now and since I am so emotional it makes me cry. It is helping me to relax to know that my whole family has offered to come and help. My mom is hoping to make it out here for one to two weeks, my sister and her girls have offered to come for a week of summer break, and my dad and stepmom have also offered to come down. In addition, I know that my amazing in-laws will be close by and willing to come over to help whenever they are needed.
As far as the little one goes this week she is (according to all the online sites) measuring at about 2 lbs (the size of a head of cauliflower) and is about 14.5 inches long. She is moving and sleeping on regular cycles now, even though I haven't quite figured them out yet. She tends to be most active around 4-7 at night and also first thing in the morning. They say that over the next few weeks she will be her most active and I am looking forward to continuing to feel her move and trying to figure out the different body parts she is pushing out at times.
It is hard to believe that we have only about 90 days left until this little one is here with us making our family complete. I reminded David the other night that Morgan was born at 37 weeks, so just 10 weeks away. That freaked us both out a bit. We are so excited to meet this little one, but at the same time I still feel like there is so much to do. On top of everything April and May are going to be very busy months with the shower, Morgan's kinder transition meetings, Morgan's dance recital, her birthday, and preschool promotion. I just keep trying to tell this little one she needs to hold out for May 18th and then she can come anytime. We will have to wait and see what she decides.
Sunday, February 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment