
It is hard to believe that the third trimester is already here. At the same time that I am so anxious for this pregnancy to be over and to be holding our new little one I want it to slow down so I can cherish every last moment of being pregnant. Over the past two weeks I have been so excited about reaching the point of 27/28 weeks since this is when my doctor said I should start feeling the most movement since the little one is bigger but still has room to move. At the start of 27 weeks I felt her about the same and then last Tuesday, she was like a wild child. It was like something just woke up inside her and I literally felt her ALL DAY LONG. By the time I was ready for bed I was exhausted from her moving so much. It was an amazing day and I was just so excited and put at ease. Then on Wednesday she was real quiet again. I tried not to worry and figured she had just really worn herself out the day before. Then on Thursday she was rather quiet again. Again, I told myself there was no need to worry, she was probably just still resting. When she was quiet again on Friday I started to get nervous. Especially when I started to notice that when I was feeling her it was on my left, upper side. It also felt as though her butt/back were against my lower right side and hadn't really changed in a day. Over the weekend I tried to pay close attention to her movement and positioning. While I would feel her at different times throughout the day it was still in the same general position which was really starting to make me nervous. So this morning I decided to call my doctor's with my concerns. While they said that if I was feeling 5 movements in an hour that was good they listened to my concerns about the fact that the movements were in the same place. They asked me to come in this afternoon for a nonstress test. Basically they hooked me up to a fetal heart monitor, contractions monitor, and gave me a button to push when I felt movement. The test lasted about 20 minutes. During that time her heartbeat was great and she did move. I didn't feel most of the movements, but you could hear them through the monitor. The nurse that was with me during the test said that most likely she is positioned where she is kicking more backwards which is why I wasn't feeling all those movements. Towards the end of the test I did end up feeling her about 4 to 5 times and they were pretty strong. The nurse shared the report of the test with my doctor who said that everything looks great. We are scheduled next Thursday the 15th for our next ultrasound, which will be a 3D one, so I am very anxious for it. In the meantime I am more at ease after going in today and just have to say that I have the most amazing doctor. As I am typing this blog at 7:30 at night my doctor called personally to check in with me. That NEVER would have happened with my previous doctor.
Now on to the little one. This week the little one is now weighing in at about 2 1/2 pounds and is continuing to pack on the weight and chubby baby fat (unfortunately so is Mommy). She is now about 14.8 inches in length and is opening and closing her eyes. While she is moving a lot (hopefully) I still don't feel it all and look forward to the day when she is bigger and I can feel all her movements.
Thanks again to all of you who continue to pray for our little one to be healthy. We can't wait for the moment that we have her in our arms and can finally know for sure that she is okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment