background

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen!

Continuing in their quest to spoil Morgan rotten, her grandparents surprised her with tickets to the circus! When I first told her she said, "Hooray, Circus!" and then gave me a blank stare because she had no idea what a circus was. We spent the week before preparing Morgan by showing her all the commercials about the circus on TV, pictures on the internet, and even found a Fancy Nancy book called, "The Show Must Go On." By the time the day arrived to go to the show she was so excited!

An hour before show time they open up the arena and allow guests to go in and see all the animals. You can also go down onto the arena floor and meet some of the circus people and watch them do acts up close.

Morgan and I checking out the elephants. They had an adorable baby elephant named Barack.


David and Morgan checking out the tigers.

The thing Morgan was most excited about was meeting the clowns. Of course she got shy when she finally had her chance to say hi to one.

Our seats were amazing. We were four rows from the floor and the two directly in front of us were empty so we could see great.

On the walk to the car after the show I could feel Morgan starting to drift off. I set her in her seat and before I could fasten the belt she was out.

We had a great time at the circus and Morgan has some great pictures to remember it by. I just couldn't bring myself to buy her a souvenir. We went in with all intentions of letting her get one. I had thought we would maybe get her one of those lights that spin that I remember from when I was a kid. Well, that was until I saw the $22 price tag. Yes, $22 for a light that spins and would probably be broken before we made it to the parking lot. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. The $7 popcorn was enough. Thankfully she is still young and didn't even ask for a souvenir. Seeing the show was enough for her. Thanks again Grandma and Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...