
My belly at 34 weeks and 1 day
On Friday we hit 34 weeks and the little one is still cooking! It has now been a full week since I got the first steroid shot for her lungs, so hopefully her lungs are nice and strong by now. According to many of the online sites the little one is about 4 1/2 pounds and 18 inches long. Her central nervous system is still maturing and her lungs should be almost fully matured.
Since being put on bed rest last Monday I have been feeling really good. The first few days I was still having a few contractions here and there. Nothing painful and nothing worth timing as they were spaced out. For the past few days I haven't even had any! I think perhaps by body just needed to tell me to slow down and rest for a bit. I am praying that when I go to the doctor's on Wednesday for my check-up that I will be allowed off bed rest and be able to return to our normal routine next week.
Initially the first day or so of bed rest wasn't too bad. On Tuesday I needed it. We had been up the whole night with our 3:00 am visit to the hospital and I was still contracting from time to time so it was nice to rest. Wednesday was a bit more challenging, but still nice to have the chance to catch up on blogging, reading, and some good mindless tv. By Thursday though I was already VERY bored. There is only so much lying around you can do before you want to get up and get going. Plus I felt horrible letting everyone else do everything.
I am so grateful though for all the support we have received. Last Wednesday Donna and Charley picked Morgan up from school as usual and took her to TROT. They then took their time coming home so that David was home by the time they arrived. Then on Thursday they picked her up from school again, this time they brought her home for a few minutes so I could visit with her but then took her for the night for a sleep over.
On Friday, Donna brought Morgan home just after my Dad and stepmom, JoAnne, arrived to help out for the weekend. I was so thankful for them coming down to help out. It was nice to be able to give Donna and Charley a break and allowed David to still golf in the golf tournament he was playing in on Saturday. Morgan LOVED getting to spend time with them. It had been since February since she had seen them and their first visit to our house since well before Christmas. Morgan was excited to be able to show her all her new toys from Christmas along with her new playroom and her sister's room.
Morgan had a great time playing outside on the swings, doing manicures, playing Yahtzee, reading books, and dancing. Here are a few of the pictures from their visit:
Since being put on bed rest last Monday I have been feeling really good. The first few days I was still having a few contractions here and there. Nothing painful and nothing worth timing as they were spaced out. For the past few days I haven't even had any! I think perhaps by body just needed to tell me to slow down and rest for a bit. I am praying that when I go to the doctor's on Wednesday for my check-up that I will be allowed off bed rest and be able to return to our normal routine next week.
Initially the first day or so of bed rest wasn't too bad. On Tuesday I needed it. We had been up the whole night with our 3:00 am visit to the hospital and I was still contracting from time to time so it was nice to rest. Wednesday was a bit more challenging, but still nice to have the chance to catch up on blogging, reading, and some good mindless tv. By Thursday though I was already VERY bored. There is only so much lying around you can do before you want to get up and get going. Plus I felt horrible letting everyone else do everything.
I am so grateful though for all the support we have received. Last Wednesday Donna and Charley picked Morgan up from school as usual and took her to TROT. They then took their time coming home so that David was home by the time they arrived. Then on Thursday they picked her up from school again, this time they brought her home for a few minutes so I could visit with her but then took her for the night for a sleep over.
On Friday, Donna brought Morgan home just after my Dad and stepmom, JoAnne, arrived to help out for the weekend. I was so thankful for them coming down to help out. It was nice to be able to give Donna and Charley a break and allowed David to still golf in the golf tournament he was playing in on Saturday. Morgan LOVED getting to spend time with them. It had been since February since she had seen them and their first visit to our house since well before Christmas. Morgan was excited to be able to show her all her new toys from Christmas along with her new playroom and her sister's room.
Morgan had a great time playing outside on the swings, doing manicures, playing Yahtzee, reading books, and dancing. Here are a few of the pictures from their visit:
Look at that happy girl.
She was in heaven with her Pa and Nanny here.
Unfortunately, during all of this Morgan has caught a cold. She started with it on Saturday with a runny nose and by Saturday night it was bad. She was so congested she couldn't sleep and so we had to start her on her breathing treatments. It become worse on Sunday night with her spiking a fever in the middle of the night. We had ran out of children's pain reliever so poor David had to go out at 1:30 in the morning in search of a store that was open. Donna and Charley took her again today since she couldn't go to school. When they brought her back home around 4:30 this evening she still looked really wiped. They said she didn't want to play all day, she just wanted to sit around and read her new horse books she had gotten.
Since David has not gotten much sleep for the past two nights and they would have to have Morgan again tomorrow since she is still not up for school they offered to take her for a sleep over tonight. As soon as Morgan heard that she was done. She wanted off of my lap and straight back to Grandma and Grandpa's house. She was not even the littlest bit sad about not hanging out with me. I am beginning to think that she might really be enjoying the fact that I am on bed rest. After all since I have been put on bed rest she has now had 2 sleep overs, lots of extra time playing with Grandma and Grandpa, and a visit from her Nanny and Pa.
I for one am not enjoying bed rest and am hoping that on Wednesday it will be lifted. I will keep you all informed on how the doctor's appointment goes on Wednesday. In the meantime keep those prayers coming that this little one will bake for a little bit longer before making her debut.
Since David has not gotten much sleep for the past two nights and they would have to have Morgan again tomorrow since she is still not up for school they offered to take her for a sleep over tonight. As soon as Morgan heard that she was done. She wanted off of my lap and straight back to Grandma and Grandpa's house. She was not even the littlest bit sad about not hanging out with me. I am beginning to think that she might really be enjoying the fact that I am on bed rest. After all since I have been put on bed rest she has now had 2 sleep overs, lots of extra time playing with Grandma and Grandpa, and a visit from her Nanny and Pa.
I for one am not enjoying bed rest and am hoping that on Wednesday it will be lifted. I will keep you all informed on how the doctor's appointment goes on Wednesday. In the meantime keep those prayers coming that this little one will bake for a little bit longer before making her debut.
No comments:
Post a Comment