background

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Birthday 5 Year Old!

Where has the time gone?  It seems like just yesterday that Morgan was born. I can remember just about every detail of that day as though it just happened and now she is five! We are just so proud of our little girl and the amazing kid she is becoming. She is such a sweet girl who is always well mannered and very well behaved (of course she does have her occasional moments, but they are far and few between). She has a love for life and is always so excited about each day and the activities she will be doing. She never wants to miss a thing (just like her Mommy). She definitely has her Daddy's sense of humor and ear for music. Morgan loves to joke around, use sarcasm, 'pimp' her grandma, and quote movies. One of her favorite lines to say is "good talk Russ" when someone isn't listening. It is too funny. 

Anyway, we celebrated our sweet little girl on Thursday with a full day of birthday partying. She woke up first thing with the sun to find her birthday sign above her door. We then made her some pancakes with 5 candles!

Opening her birthday card from her Memere. It of course had a horse on it!

Blowing out her candles. Having 5 it took her a bit longer.
3 down...2 to go.


That evening after we were all home from school and work Morgan's grandparents and her Uncle Brad joined us for dinner. Since it was her birthday Morgan got to choose what she wanted to do for dinner. She could have chosen anything she wanted including going out to eat, but she said she wanted pizza at home. So that is just what we did. She ate about two bites of her pizza though and then handed us her plate saying she wanted presents and cake. Since the rest of us were full from actually eating dinner we opted to do presents first. 
Morgan opening a gift from one of the teachers at preschool. She has them all wrapped around her little finger.

Thanks Ms. Patti! Morgan loves her new Woodstock doll.

Morgan's big birthday gift.
 Yes....I know....she is only 5 and we gave her an ipa.d, but for some really good reasons. Number 1 it is amazing to see the things she can do independently on this without our help. Number 2 we currently use the one I have from work daily for watching Net.flix while I stretch her legs and I have to turn mine in over the summer. Number 3 I am going to need something she can do on her own for like 20-30 minutes several times a day so I can feed her sister. I could continue going on but I won't. In the end we are letting her call it 'her ipa.d' but it will be something for the whole family to use and enjoy.
Checking out her new ipa.d

Donna made some cake pops (Morgan and David's favorite!)

We opted for the #5 candle at dinner since it took her a while to get the 5 candles out that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...